- IoT Security and Privacy: wireless physical-layer security; IoT device and platform security
- Mobile Security: mobile malware detection; mobile Apps security analysis; mobile privacy
- System Security: AI security, blockchain, cyber threat intelligence, differential privacy, malware and botnet
- Wireless Communication Networks: future-generation wireless networking, new Internet architecture
Funded Research Projects
- Michigan State University IAC (Industrial Assessment Center), U.S. Department of Energy, 2021-2026, 2.25 million, Co-PI (Director: Dr. Kristen Cetin). Website: https://iac.msu.edu/
- A Multi-Sensor Integrated Blockchain Framework for Connected Vehicles, FORD summer project, FORD Motor Co., May 2020 – August 2020, $16,000. PI: Qiben Yan.
- REU: SaTC: CORE: Small: URadio: Towards Secure Smart Home IoT Communication Using Hybrid Ultrasonic-RF Radio, National Science Foundation, 9/1/2021-8/31/2023, PI. (Project website)
- SaTC: CORE: Small: URadio: Towards Secure Smart Home IoT Communication Using Hybrid Ultrasonic-RF Radio, National Science Foundation, 9/1/2018-8/31/2023, PI. (Project website)
- NeTS: Small: Collaborative Research: Cooperative Interference-Embracing Communication in Multi-Hop Wireless Networks, National Science Foundation, 9/1/2017-8/31/2020, PI. (Project website)
- SpecEES: Collaborative Research: CoSeC-RAN: Cognitive Secure Cloud RAN for Efficient Spectrum Sharing, National Science Foundation, 10/1/2017-9/30/2020, Co-PI (with PI Mehmet C. Vuran, Co-PI Demet Batur and Co-PI Jennifer Ryan).
- CRII: SaTC: Towards Non-Intrusive Detection of Resilient Mobile Malware and Botnet using Application Traffic Measurement, National Science Foundation, 08/01/2016-07/31/2018, PI. (Project website)
- Privacy Leakage and Policy Enforcement of Mobile System, UNL Social and Behavioral Sciences Research Consortium (SBSRC) Voucher Grant, 01/01/2016-07/31/2017, $4,800. PI.